Job Location: Hong Kong, P.R China
CellMark Medical is a recently founded division within CellMark AB, the Swedish commodities trading house, based in Gothenburg, Sweden. The mission of CellMark Medical is to lower the cost of MedTech solutions in the global market place and improve access to innovations worldwide. We work closely with MedTech suppliers, and help them go global via readily established sales channels, and new partner recruitment. If you have a passion for curiosity, entrepreneurship and are self-motivated then we are interested to hear from you.
Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for regional sales of selected Medical Technologies imported into the APAC market, as well as the account manager for APAC based suppliers looking to export into the global market place. You will become an expert on the APAC Healthcare market, including macro factors, market trends, and regulations. Gaining a deep understanding of the provision of healthcare, and how to develop sales channels to designated target markets is the very essence of the role. Developing a working knowledge of the global medical device market leveraging internal CellMark Medical counterparts will support success in the role. Providing accurate sales forecasts and applicable business plans to achieve the required results is essential. Appropriate internal communication of local business plans, and market feedback is a requirement to support the division’s global success. You will act as the point of contact in the territory and build an ecosystem of sales partners, distributors, end-user facilities, business contacts, and advisors that can support timely product launch and sales growth in the region.
This position will involve two core functions and while subject to change at the discretion of CellMark Medical leadership, is estimated to be a 75/25 split of time:
- Building strategic sales channels within the territory, with both medical distributors, channel partners, and facilities alike, to achieve short term cash generation objectives, and providing a platform for launching new products (inbound).
- Selectively recruiting innovative MedTech suppliers with products that can be exported into the global market, via the CellMark Medical trading platform, negotiating local trading contracts, and managing the account (outbound);
This position will require an estimated 50% travel.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing, presenting, and discussing materials pertaining to CellMark, CellMark Medical, and applicable product information to build brand awareness, and projecting the CellMark vision. Be the face of the division in the territory and keep suppliers & sales prospects alike, engaged with the CellMark Distribution System. This can be performed either in person, by webinar, or via marketing campaigns.
- Identifying prospects and generating leads leveraging both inside and outside sales techniques.
- Proactively recruiting medical device manufacturers (outbound), distributors and facilities (both inbound) to register on the CellMark Distribution System.
- Hosting prospect, and partner workshops and meetings in line with division’s marketing strategy, to create on-going engagement and drive sales.
- Negotiating pricing & long-term trading contracts, closing business, and developing growth plans in line with division goals.
- Fostering cross-divisional opportunities within CellMark.
Inbound Specific (distributor, channel partner, and facility sales):
- Supporting the execution of product launch plans for international suppliers looking to enter the territory.
- Includes supporting new product due diligence – gaining feedback from potential buyers & KOLs, developing localized value propositions, and managing registration timelines and activities where needed.
- Carefully managing the distributor/facility on-boarding process to ensure long term success following a client-for-life philosophy.
- Includes organizing appropriate training, QBRs, order tracking, timely trouble-shooting of obstacles/issues (customer service) and developing growth opportunities.
- Securing and managing relationships with sales representatives, local distributors, channel partners, or end-user facilities
- Generating profitable sales with aforementioned partners in line with division goals.
Outbound Specific (manufacturer account management):
- Developing and executing product launch plans for local manufacturers engaged with CellMark Medical to export technologies (outbound).
- Coordinating with global team to communicate manufacturer expectations, developing aforementioned plans, and providing on-going account management to the manufacturer (including QBRs, coordinating training, and facilitating feedback, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a Science, Business, or Engineering discipline.
- Post-graduate education a plus.
- Healthcare & medical device industry experience a plus
- Proven record of success of sales growth in highly regulated markets a plus
- Excellent presentation skills via multiple platforms (written & verbal)
- Proven experience in managing complex business development projects
- Ability to network and work autonomously as the owner of the territory
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Persuasive negotiation and deal closing skills (transactional sales)
- Contract negotiation and compliance (strategic sales)
- Account management
- Proficient in all forms of Microsoft Office
- Must speak English
- Other languages a plus
CellMark Medical offers a competitive compensation package.
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume to: Niclas M. Olsson, email@example.com
Please note this position is located in Hong Kong. All who are interested are encouraged to apply. However, at this time there is no relocation assistance for this position.