NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Ordinary Members of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong will be held at Club Lusitano, 27/F, 16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong on Friday 12 May 2017 at 12:15 sharp (registration from 12 noon) for the following purpose:
(1) To receive and consider the Annual Report of the Board.
(2) To receive and consider the Annual Statements of Accounts.
(3) To elect Chairman for the coming mandate period.
(3) To elect Directors for the ensuing year.
(4) To elect Auditors and fix their remuneration.
(5) To consider any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
According to our Articles of Association, one-third of the Board members shall retire each year and the Directors to retire should be those who have been longest in office since their last election; further the Chairman shall retire after the expiry of a three-year term.
Subsequently we need candidates for the election of CHAIRMAN and at least THREE candidates for the election of new Directors for the coming year.
If you are interested yourself or would like to nominate a person employed by an Ordinary Member for election to Chairman or Director, please note that your written nomination must be received by the Chamber Office not less than three and not more than twenty-one days prior to the AGM, together with the acceptance in writing by the person nominated.
The board has also decided to propose the Annual General Meeting of 2017 to change current Article 13 of the Chamber´s Articles of Association. For background and suggested changes, follow this link!
Dated: 21 April, 2017 By order of the Board
Sign up for the AGM here!